Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Sisterhood Summer Heat ...

Today there's a new challenge over at The Sisterhood of Crafters
and Vickie has asked us to create with the theme

SUMMER HEAT
(hot colors or summer theme)

I guess you could say I combined both ideas on my card.


I began with the HOT COLORS idea but as time went on
it became more of a summertime ocean scene
and since I had this fabulous 'Inspired by Stamping'
sentiment stamp, my card quickly turned into a card of encouragement.
And, I'm okay with that!

The sky background paper is from a VERY OLD DCWV 12x12 pack
as is the water paper which I've 'torn' to create waves and depth.
The sky & water paper was so similar in color that
I decided to sponge a bit of TH 'Picked Raspberry' distress
ink over the white clouds and it worked perfectly!

Please be sure to pop over to see the amazing creation my sisters
have created for you today!  And then, come join in the fun!

Challenges:
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Build It Up
Crafty Cardmakers and More - Water
Path of Positivity Challenge - Sharing

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today
and as always . . .



Recipe:
Papers:  Black cs, White cs, Lime Green cs, Hot Pink cs, DCWV dp
Stamp/Ink:  Inspired by Stamping 'Words of Inspiration' / Versafine Onyx, Tim Holtz 'picked raspberry'
Accessories:   Impression Obsession 'Sea Birds' die set, Frantic Stamper 'Nautical Icons' die set
Technique:  Torn paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.