Friday, June 19, 2015

Appreciate Dad!!

Hello Friends!
With Father's Day this weekend, I am reflecting back
to my growing up years and all the wonderful things I learned from my dad!!
Unfortunately he passed 20+ years ago 
and I would give anything to have just one more day with him! 


There are so many Father's Day challenges out there in blogland
and even though I have no need for a
Father's Day card myself,  I just had to join in the fun!!

I have always LOVED this 'old' (Seaside Sketches circa 2003) SU stamp and
thought it would be perfect for today's card.
I created the background using a variety of Ranger Tim Holtz distress
inks and large sponge daubers (listed below) prior to stamping my image.
Then die cut and popped up each panel for dimension.
A 'Happy Father's Day' banner and this card was DONE!!!


Challenges to share in:
Mod Squad Challenge - Father's Day
Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge - Father's Day
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Use your favorite Technique and/or product

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
As always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Black cs, DCWV design paper
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Designs 'Horizon Fishtail Banners' #DL278, Memory Box 'Stitched Circle Layers' #30036, Memory Box 'Chesapeake Circle' #98449
Stamp:  Impression Obsession
Inks:  Versafine Onyx
Ranger (Tim Holtz Distress):  Scattered Straw, Spun Sugar, Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, Brushed Corduroy
Accessories:  SU dimensionals, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.